About William Napier
An English-born chess master who played for the United States, and was best known for challenging for the World Championship.
He joined the Brooklyn Chess Club when he was just 14 years old.
His highest historic Elo rating was 2662, which would have put him at number 11 in the world.
His parents immigrated to the United States when he was five years old.
He played and lost to the reigning World Champion Emanuel Lasker.
Information related to William Napier
- William Napier, 9th Lord Napier A British Royal Navy officer and trade envoy in China.
- William Francis Patrick Napier An Irish soldier in the British Army and a military historian.
- William Ewart Napier An American chess master of English birth.
- William Napier (astronomer) William M. Napier or Bill Napier is the author of five high tech thriller novels and a number of…
- William Napier (novelist) An English novelist and journalist.
- William Napier (VC) An English recipient of the Victoria Cross, the highest and most prestigious award for gallantry…
- William Napier (Royal Navy officer) A Royal Navy officer who served as First Naval Member and Chief of the Australian Naval Staff…
- William Craig Emilius Napier A British Army officer who became Governor of the Royal Military College, Sandhurst.
- William Napier (lawyer) A lawyer and newspaper editor in Singapore, also Lieutenant-Governor of Labuan.
- William Joseph Napier A Liberal Party Member of Parliament for Auckland, New Zealand.
- William Napier, 11th Lord Napier A British peer.
- William Napier, 13th Lord Napier Lt. Col. William Francis Cyril James Hamilton Napier, 13th Lord Napier, 4th Baron Ettrick DL was…
- William Napier, 7th Lord Napier A Scottish peer.
- Sir William Napier, 3rd Baronet A British baronet and soldier.
If you are getting married, reserve the day at the Lightner Museum, the best of st Augustine wedding venues .