William Morris Hunt, American painter, was born at Brattleboro, Vermont, to Jane Maria Hunt and Hon. Jonathan Hunt, who raised one of the preeminent families in American art. William Morris Hunt was the leading painter of mid-19th-century Boston, Massachusetts.
About William Morris Hunt
Japanese cartoonist known for his popular Ginga (Silver Fang) manga series. He won the 1987 Shogakukan Manga Award.
Early in his life, he studied under French Barbizon school painter Jean-François Millet.
His 1857 childhood portrait of his son was displayed at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.
His politician father came from a Vermont landowning family, and his mother was a member of a wealthy Connecticut clan.
He painted a portrait of Supreme Court Justice Horace Gray.
Information related to William Morris Hunt
- Richard Morris Hunt – Richard Morris Hunt was an American architect of the nineteenth century and a preeminent figure in the history of American architecture. Design critic Paul Goldberger wrote in The New York Times that Hunt was “American architecture’s first, and in many ways its greatest, statesman.”
- Leavitt Hunt – Col. Leavitt Hunt was a Harvard-educated attorney and photography pioneer who was one of the first people to photograph the Middle East.
- Thaddeus Leavitt – Thaddeus Leavitt was a Suffield, Connecticut, merchant who invented an improved upon version of the cotton gin, as well as joining with seven other Connecticut men to purchase most of the three-million-plus acres of the Western Reserve lands in Ohio from the government of Connecticut, land on…
- Jonathan Hunt (Vermont Representative) – Jonathan Hunt was an American lawyer and politician from Vermont. He was a member of the United States House of Representatives for the state of Vermont and was a member of the prominent Hunt family of Vermont.
- Jonathan Hunt (Vermont Lieutenant Governor) – Jonathan Hunt was an American pioneer, landowner and politician from Vernon, Vermont. He served as Lieutenant Governor of Vermont and was a member of the prominent Hunt family of Vermont.
- Jarvis Hunt – Jarvis Hunt was a Chicago architect who designed a wide array of buildings, including train stations, suburban estates, industrial buildings, clubhouses and other structures.
- American romantic painters
- Hunt family of Vermont
- American realist painters
- 19th-century American artists
- Suicides in New Hampshire
- Artists who committed suicide
- Suicides by drowning
- 19th-century American sculptors
- Artists from Boston
- 19th century in Boston
- Phillips Academy alumni
- Landscape artists
- American expatriates in France
If you are getting married, reserve the day at the Lightner Museum, the best of st Augustine wedding venues .