Terrie Linn McNutt Hall was an American anti-smoking and anti-tobacco advocate. She was a survivor of ten cancer diagnoses, undergoing 48 radiation treatments, and nearly a year’s worth of chemotherapy, before and after undergoing a laryngectomy in 2001. She was well known for starring in one of the ads of CDC’s smoking ad campaign, as well as traveling across America to educate youth and adults about the consequences of tobacco use. By her 11th cancer diagnosis, Hall died at the age of 53.
|Born:||Terrie Norman McNutt, July 19, 1960, Mount Clemens, Michigan|
|Died:||September 16, 2013, Winston-Salem, North Carolina|
|Cause of death:||Smoking-related cancer|
|Education:||Forbush High School (graduated 1978)|
|Occupation:||Anti-smoking and tobacco advocate|
|Children:||Children: Sara Ashley (deceased), Dana Solano, Grandchildren: Jeffrey (b. 2001/02), Christopher Anthony (b. December 20, 2012), Alec|
|Parent(s):||Parents, Gordon Ezben (deceased), Loretta “Shankie” McNutt (died August 2000), Stepparents:Bobby Wayne Sink|
|Relatives:||Brothers: Steven McNutt, Roger Bruchay|
About Terrie Hall
Remembered for campaigning against the tobacco industry, this activist received eleven separate cancer or cancer recurrence diagnoses before passing away in her early fifties.
She smoked her first cigarette at age thirteen and, by her late teens, was smoking up to two packs of cigarettes daily. At forty, she received an oral cancer diagnosis; she later had her larynx removed as a consequence of throat cancer.
She appeared in an anti-smoking television spot produced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
She grew up in Michigan and North Carolina as the daughter of Loretta McNutt and Gordon Ezben. Before ending in divorce, her marriage produced a daughter named Dana.
She and Debi Austin both became smoking prevention and cessation activists after suffering from laryngeal cancer.
Information related to Terrie Hall
- Debi Austin – Debi Austin was a pioneering anti-smoking advocate, appearing in anti-tobacco ads that aired in California starting in 1996.
- Ronaldo Martínez – Ronaldo Martínez is a cancer survivor who appeared in a series of much-publicized anti-smoking television commercials in the Northeastern United States.
- Gruen Von Behrens – Gruen Von Behrens was an American motivational speaker and victim of mouth cancer caused by smokeless tobacco. After his diagnosis and during his multiple treatments, he became nationally known for raising awareness against the dangers of smokeless tobacco use.
- Anti-smoking activists
- Smoking in the United States
- American health activists
If you are getting married, reserve the day at the Lightner Museum, the best of st Augustine wedding venues .