Stephen “Stevie” Ray Vaughan was an American musician, singer, songwriter, and record producer, best known as the guitarist and frontman of the blues rock band Double Trouble. Although his mainstream career only spanned seven years, he is considered to be one of the most iconic and influential musicians in the history of blues music. Born and raised in Dallas, Texas, Vaughan began playing guitar at age seven, initially inspired by his elder brother Jimmie Vaughan. In 1972, he dropped out of high school and moved to Austin, where he began to gain a following after playing gigs on the local club circuit. Vaughan formed the band Double Trouble in 1978 and established it as part of the Austin music scene, which soon became one of the most popular acts in Texas.
|Born:||Stephen Ray Vaughan, October 3, 1954, Dallas, Texas, U.S.|
|Died:||August 27, 1990, East Troy, Wisconsin, U.S.|
|Cause of death:||Helicopter crash|
|Resting place:||Laurel Land Memorial Park, Dallas, Texas|
|Other names:||Stevie Vaughan|
|Occupation:||Musician, singer, songwriter, record producer|
|Partner(s):||Lindi Bethel (1973–1979), Janna Lapidus (1986–1990)|
|Parent(s):||James Lee Vaughan (b. 1921), Martha Jean Cook (b. 1928)|
|Relatives:||Jimmie Vaughan (brother)|
|Website:||Stevie Ray Vaughan’s Official site|
|Facebook:||Stevie Ray Vaughan’s Facebook profile|
|IMDb:||Stevie Ray Vaughan’s IMDb|
|Spotify:||Stevie Ray Vaughan’s Spotify|
About Stevie Ray Vaughan
Texas blues guitar legend known for being the leader and co-founder of the band Double Trouble as well as for his solo work.
He did not cultivate much of a social life, as he was always playing the guitar growing up. When he was seventeen, he dropped out of high school to pursue a career in music.
He was inducted into the Blues Hall of Fame in 2000.
He married Lenora “Lenny” Bailey on December 20, 1979 and they divorced in 1988.
He was influenced by the work of blues artists like Muddy Waters.
Information related to Stevie Ray Vaughan
- Stevie Ray Vaughan Category
- 1980s in music – This article includes an overview of the major events and trends in popular music in the 1980s. The 1980s saw the emergence of dance music and new wave. As disco fell out of fashion in the decade’s early years, genres such as post-disco, Italo disco, Euro disco and dance-pop became more popular.
- Music of Austin – Austin’s official motto is the “Live Music Capital of the World” because on any given night, one can find over one hundred venues showcasing a wide variety of free – live music performances.
- Music of Texas – The U.S. state of Texas has long been a center for musical innovation and is the birthplace of many notable musicians.
- Victims of helicopter accidents or incidents in the United States
- Resonator guitarists
- Double Trouble (band) members
- Texas blues musicians
- American blues singer-songwriters
- Sony BMG artists
- Slide guitarists
- Blues rock musicians
- Musicians from Dallas
- Electric blues musicians
- Victims of aviation accidents or incidents in the United States
- Epic Records artists
If you are getting married, reserve the day at the Lightner Museum, the best of st Augustine wedding venues .