Richard Dawson Kiel was an American actor and voice artist. Standing 7 ft 2 in tall, he was known for his role as Jaws in the James Bond franchise, portraying the character in The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker; he lampooned the role with a tongue-in-cheek cameo in Inspector Gadget. Kiel’s next-most-recognized role is the tough but eloquent Mr. Larson in Happy Gilmore. Other notable films include The Longest Yard, Silver Streak, Force 10 from Navarone, Cannonball Run II, Pale Rider and Tangled.
|Born:||Richard Dawson Kiel, September 13, 1939, Detroit, Michigan, U.S.|
|Died:||September 10, 2014, Fresno, California, U.S.|
|Resting place:||Belmont Memorial Park, Fresno, California, U.S.|
|Occupation:||Actor, voice artist|
|Notable credit(s):||Jaws in the James Bond films|
|IMDb:||Richard Kiel’s IMDb|
About Richard Kiel
Actor whose daunting size allowed him to portray intimidating figures, such as the steel-toothed Jaws in the James Bond movies. He also played Mr. Larson in Happy Gilmore and in 2010, he voiced the character Vlad in the film Tangled.
He appeared in sci-fi shows such as Mystery Science Theatre 3000.
He was in a serious car accident, which forced him to walk with a cane, and has since retired from acting.
He married Diane Rogers in 1974.
He appeared alongside Adam Sandler in the 1996 comedy Happy Gilmore.
Information related to Richard Kiel
- John Aasen – John Aasen was an American silent film actor who was one of the tallest actors in history.
- Ted Cassidy – Theodore Crawford Cassidy was an American actor, noted for his tall stature at 6 ft 9 in and his deep bass voice, he tended to play unusual characters in offbeat or science-fiction series such as Star Trek and I Dream of Jeannie, and may be best known for the role of Lurch on The Addams Family in…
- William Engesser – William Engesser1 was an American film actor, 7’3″ tall. His roles include Jerry Reed’s bodyguard in Gator, Richard/”Bigfoot” in The Secrets of Isis, Krakow the Werewolf in the campy House on Bare Mountain, and a bit part as a man in a gym in The Nutty Professor.
- Neil Fingleton – Neil Fingleton was an English actor and basketball player. He was the tallest British-born man and the tallest man in the European Union at 7 ft 7.56 in in height and among the 25 tallest men in the world.
- André the Giant – André René Roussimoff, best known as André the Giant, was a French professional wrestler and actor. Roussimoff stood at over seven feet tall, which was a result of gigantism caused by excess growth hormone, and later resulted in acromegaly.
- The Great Khali – Dalip Singh Rana, better known by the ring name The Great Khali, is an Indian-born American professional wrestler, promoter, model, and actor. A professional wrestler since 2000, Rana was most notably associated with WWE from 2006 to 2014 where he performed under the name of “The Great Khali”.
- People with acromegaly
- 20th-century Christians
- Male actors from Detroit
- 21st-century Christians
- Writers from Detroit
If you are getting married, reserve the day at the Lightner Museum, the best of st Augustine wedding venues .