Richard “Rich” Marvin DeVos Sr. was an American billionaire businessman, co-founder of Amway with Jay Van Andel, and owner of the Orlando Magic basketball team. In 2012, Forbes magazine listed him as the 60th wealthiest person in the United States, and the 205th richest in the world, with an estimated net worth of $5.1 billion.
|Born:||Richard Marvin DeVos, March 4, 1926, Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S.A|
|Died:||September 6, 2018, Ada Township, Michigan, U.S.A|
|Alma mater:||Calvin College|
|Known for:||Amway founder, owner of NBA’s Orlando Magic|
|Net worth:||US$5.4 billion (February 2018)|
|Children:||Dick, Dan, Cheri, Doug|
About Richard Devos
Founder of Amway and an NBA franchise owner of the Orlando Magic basketball team. He formerly owned the Orlando Solar Bears, Grand Rapid Griffins and the Kansas City Blades, among others.
He served in the United States Army Air Corps during World War II.
His net worth was over $5 billion, according to Forbes in 2012, making him the world’s 250th richest person and the United States’ 60th wealthiest person.
He married Helen DeVos in 1953 up until his death. He had four children: Richard Jr., Dan, Cheri, and Doug.
His basketball team featured NBA star Dwight Howard.
Information related to Richard DeVos
- The World’s Billionaires – The World’s Billionaires is an annual ranking by documented net worth of the wealthiest billionaires in the world, compiled and published in March annually by the American business magazine Forbes. The list was first published in March 1987.
- Orlando Magic executives
- American members of the Christian Reformed Church in North America
- Businesspeople from Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Amway people
- Women’s National Basketball Association executives
- People associated with direct selling
- Military personnel from Michigan
- United States Army Air Forces soldiers
If you are getting married, reserve the day at the Lightner Museum, the best of st Augustine wedding venues .