Ossip Salomonovich Gabrilowitsch was an American pianist, conductor and composer.
About Ossip Gabrilowitsch
Prominent musician and conductor who, in 1905, became one of the first pianists to record music for the Welte-Mignon mechanical piano.
He conducted the Munich Philharmonic from 1910 until 1914.
He married singer Clara Clemens (daughter of author Mark Twain) in October of 1909. They had a child, Nina, who would become Twain’s last descendant.
He recommended Sergei Rachmaninoff for the position of Boston Symphony Orchestra conductor.
Information related to Ossip Gabrilowitsch
- Pupils of Theodor Leschetizky
- Burials at Woodlawn Cemetery (Elmira, New York)
- Clemens family
- Classical piano duos
- Russian conductors (music)
- Russian male classical composers
- Russian classical pianists
- Jewish classical pianists
- American classical pianists
- Imperial Russian emigrants to the United States
If you are getting married, reserve the day at the Lightner Museum, the best of st Augustine wedding venues .