Norbert “Norb” Schemansky was an American weightlifter. He was the first weightlifter to win four Olympic medals, despite missing the 1956 Summer Olympics due to back problems. He won a silver medal in the 1948 Summer Olympic Games, a gold in the 1952 Summer Olympics and bronzes in the 1960 and 1964 Summer Olympics.
|Event(s):||Clean and press, Snatch, Clean and jerk|
|Club:||York Barbell Club|
About Norbert Schemansky
American weightlifter and Olympic gold medalist who won four Olympic medals in the 90 kg weight class.
He competed in his first Olympics in 1948 and won silver.
He competed in four Olympic events from 1948 to 1964 and won a total of four medals.
He married Bernice Schemansky in 1948 and they remained married until her death in 2009.
His last Olympic event was in 1964, the same year boxer Joe Frazier won a gold medal.
Information related to Norbert Schemansky
- Olympic silver medalists for the United States in weightlifting
- Olympic gold medalists for the United States in weightlifting
- Olympic bronze medalists for the United States in weightlifting
- Weightlifters at the 1964 Summer Olympics
- Weightlifters at the 1960 Summer Olympics
- American strength athletes
- Olympic weightlifters of the United States
- Weightlifters at the 1948 Summer Olympics
- Weightlifters at the 1952 Summer Olympics
- Pan American Games medalists in weightlifting
- American male weightlifters
- World Weightlifting Championships medalists
If you are getting married, reserve the day at the Lightner Museum, the best of st Augustine wedding venues .