Luciano Pavarotti was an Italian operatic tenor who also crossed over into popular music, eventually becoming one of the most commercially successful tenors of all time. He made numerous recordings of complete operas and individual arias, gaining worldwide fame for the quality of his tone, and eventually established himself as one of the finest tenors of the 20th century, achieving the honorific title “King of the High Cs”. As one of the Three Tenors who performed their first concert during the 1990 FIFA World Cup before a global audience, Pavarotti became well known for his televised concerts and media appearances. From the beginning of his professional career as a tenor in 1961 in Italy to his final performance of “Nessun dorma” at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin, Pavarotti was at his best in bel canto operas, pre-Aida Verdi roles, and Puccini works such as La bohème, Tosca, Turandot and Madama Butterfly.
About Luciano Pavarotti
Italian operatic tenor best known for his performances with Spanish singers Placido Domingo and Jose Carreras. Together, they were given the name The Three Tenors.
After moving to the countryside during World War II, he developed a keen interest in farming. He debuted as an opera singer in La bohème as Rodolfo in 1961.
He was the recipient of the Kennedy Center Honors in 2001.
He married Adua Veroni in 1961 and, after their divorce in 2000, he was remarried to Nicoletta Mantovani on December 13, 2003.
He hosted famous artists such as Mariah Carey at his annual Pavarotti and Friends charity concerts.
Information related to Luciano Pavarotti
- Pavarotti & Friends for the Children of Bosnia
- Pavarotti & Friends for the Children of Liberia – Pavarotti & Friends for the Children of Liberia is a compilation album by Luciano Pavarotti, with each track featuring a different artist.
- Pavarotti & Friends for Guatemala and Kosovo – Pavarotti & Friends for Guatemala and Kosovo is a compilation album by Luciano Pavarotti, with each track featuring a different artist.
- Centro Educativo Pavarotti – Centro Educativo Pavarotti is a junior high school for children aged 12–17 located near Lake Atitlán in San Lucas Tolimán, Guatemala.
- Pavarotti , a 2019 documentary film by Ron Howard .
- Commanders of the Order of Cultural Merit (Monaco)
- Performing arts pages with videographic documentation
- The Three Tenors
- Rocket Records artists
- Italian expatriates in Monaco
- Burials in Emilia-Romagna
- London Records artists
- Freemen of the City of London
- Kennedy Center honorees
- Primetime Emmy Award winners
If you are getting married, reserve the day at the Lightner Museum, the best of st Augustine wedding venues .