Levi Woodbury was an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, a U.S. Senator, the 9th Governor of New Hampshire, and cabinet member in three administrations.
|Born:||Dec 22, 1789, Francestown, New Hampshire, U.S.|
|Died:||Sept 4, 1851, Portsmouth, New Hampshire, U.S.|
|Political party:||Democratic-Republican (Before 1825), Democratic (1828–1852)|
|Education:||Dartmouth College (BA), Litchfield Law School|
|Preceded by:||Joseph Story|
|Succeeded by:||Benjamin Curtis|
About Levi Woodbury
Served as an associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court from 1845 to 1851.
He graduated from Dartmouth College and went on to briefly attend Tapping Reeve Law School.
He was the first Supreme Court Justice to have attended law school.
He grew up in Francestown.
He was nominated to the Supreme Court by President James Polk.
Information related to Levi Woodbury
- Harrison Gray Dyar – Harrison Gray Dyar was an American chemist and inventor.
- Levi Woodbury Homestead – The Levi Woodbury Homestead is a historic house at 1 Main Street in Francestown, New Hampshire. The oldest portion of the house, now part of a wing of the main house, was built in 1787. The house was expanded in stages, reaching its present configuration c.
- Van Buren administration cabinet members
- New Hampshire Jacksonians
- New Hampshire Supreme Court justices
- Jackson administration cabinet members
- United States federal judges appointed by James K. Polk
- Burials in New Hampshire
- Politicians from Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Speakers of the New Hampshire House of Representatives
- Recess appointments
- New Hampshire Democratic-Republicans
- United States Senators from New Hampshire
- United States Secretaries of the Treasury
- United States Secretaries of the Navy
- Governors of New Hampshire
- New Hampshire lawyers
- Democratic-Republican Party state governors of the United States
- New Hampshire Democrats
- American Freemasons
- Members of the New Hampshire House of Representatives
- 19th-century American judges
If you are getting married, reserve the day at the Lightner Museum, the best of st Augustine wedding venues .