Admiral Jonas Howard Ingram was an officer in the United States Navy during World War I and World War II. He commanded the United States Atlantic Fleet during World War II and was a recipient of the Medal of Honor for his actions in 1914 in Veracruz, Mexico.
|Born:||October 15, 1886, Jeffersonville, Indiana|
|Died:||September 9, 1952, San Diego, California|
|Service/branch:||United States Navy|
|Years of service:||1903–1947|
|Commands held:||United States Atlantic Fleet, South Atlantic Force, Task Force Three, USSTennessee(BB-43), Destroyer Squadron Six, USSPennsylvania(BB-38), USSStoddert(DD-302)|
|Battles/wars:||Mexican Revolution, Battle of Vera Cruz World War I, Battle of the Atlantic World War II, Battle of the Atlantic, Operation Teardrop|
|Awards:||Medal of Honor, Navy Cross, Navy Distinguished Service Medal (3), Purple Heart|
About Jonas Ingram
Veteran of both World Wars and recipient of the Medal of Honor for his bravery during the 1914 Battle of Veracruz.
He attended the United States Naval Academy, where he played on the football team. After graduation, he served as a turret officer on the battleship Arkansas.
He commanded American Naval Forces in the South Atlantic during World War II, helping to maintain supply lines in the face of German U-boat attacks.
He was born in Jeffersonville, Indiana.
Oscar C. Badger II was another hero of the American battle in Veracruz, Mexico.
Information related to Jonas H. Ingram
- Recipients of the Order of Aeronautical Merit (Brazil)
- Navy Midshipmen athletic directors
- Recipients of the Order of Naval Merit (Brazil)
- Recipients of the Order of Military Merit (Brazil)
- Recipients of the Order of the Southern Cross
- Battle of Veracruz (1914) recipients of the Medal of Honor
- People of the Spanish–American War
- Navy Midshipmen football players
- Culver Academies alumni
- Navy Midshipmen football coaches
- Honorary Knights Commander of the Order of the British Empire
- United States Navy World War II admirals
- Recipients of the Navy Distinguished Service Medal
- United States Navy Medal of Honor recipients
If you are getting married, reserve the day at the Lightner Museum, the best of st Augustine wedding venues .