About John Brand
English scholar, author, and longtime secretary of the London Society of Antiquaries.
He worked as a shoemaker’s apprentice before studying at Lincoln College, Oxford.
He authored the famous 1777 work Popular Antiquities.
He was born into a family in northeast England’s County Durham.
Archaeologist Howard Carter, who worked in the Egyptian pyramids, also made a career out of antiquities.
Information related to John Brand
- John Brand (antiquarian) An English antiquarian and Church of England clergyman.
- John Brand (cricketer) An English amateur cricketer.
- John Brand (minister) A minister of the Church of Scotland and the author of A Brief Description of Orkney.
- John Henry Brand South African lawyer and politician.
- John Brand (political writer) An English clergyman and writer on politics and political economy.
If you are getting married, reserve the day at the Lightner Museum, the best of st Augustine wedding venues .