Ingrid Bergman was a Swedish actress who starred in a variety of European and American films, television movies, and plays. She won many accolades, including three Academy Awards, two Primetime Emmy Awards, a Tony Award, four Golden Globe Awards, and a BAFTA Award. Bergman was born in Stockholm to a Swedish father and a German mother, and started her acting career in Swedish and German films. Her introduction to Americans came in the English-language remake of Intermezzo. In addition to the classic and Best Picture Academy Award-winning Casablanca opposite Humphrey Bogart, her notable performances from the 1940s include the dramas For Whom the Bell Tolls, Gaslight, The Bells of St. Mary’s, and Joan of Arc, all of which earned her nominations for the Academy Award for Best Actress; she won the award for Gaslight. She made three films with Alfred Hitchcock including Spellbound, with Gregory Peck, and Notorious, opposite Cary Grant.
About Ingrid Bergman
Swedish actress who was immortalized when she played Ilsa Lund in the 1942 film Casablanca. She was ranked as the fourth greatest actress of all time by the American Film Institute.
She studied at Sweden’s Royal Dramatic Theatre School.
She was in many hit movies, including For Whom the Bell Tolls and Gaslight.
She married Petter Lindstom in 1937, and the couple welcomed their only daughter, Pia, two years later.
She appeared in Casablanca with legendary actor Humphrey Bogart.
Information related to Ingrid Bergman
- Swedish autobiographers
- Best Miniseries or Television Movie Actress Golden Globe winners
- Swedish expatriates in Italy
- 20th-century Swedish writers
- Best Supporting Actress BAFTA Award winners
- Outstanding Performance by a Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie Primetime Emmy Award winners
- Best Drama Actress Golden Globe (film) winners
- Swedish Lutherans
- Best Actress Academy Award winners
- Best Supporting Actress Academy Award winners
- Burials at Norra begravningsplatsen
- Donaldson Award winners
- Swedish television actresses
- Volpi Cup winners
- Actresses from Stockholm
- 20th-century Swedish actresses
- Swedish film actresses
- Swedish emigrants to the United States
- Nastro d’Argento winners
- David di Donatello winners
- Women autobiographers
- American autobiographers
- American Lutherans
If you are getting married, reserve the day at the Lightner Museum, the best of st Augustine wedding venues .