Brockman “Brock” Adams was an American politician and member of Congress. Adams was a Democrat from Washington and served as a U.S. Representative, Senator, and United States Secretary of Transportation. Adams was forced to retire in January 1993 due to public and widespread sexual harassment, sexual assault and rape allegations.
|Born:||Brockman Adams, January 13, 1927, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.|
|Died:||September 10, 2004, Stevensville, Maryland, U.S.|
|Education:||University of Washington, Seattle (BA), Harvard University (LLB)|
|Preceded by:||Slade Gorton|
|Succeeded by:||Patty Murray|
About Brock Adams
Senator from Washington from 1987 to 1993 who was a member of President Jimmy Carter‘s cabinet. He retired from politics after allegations surfaced that he had committed various acts of sexual misconduct. He died from complications from Parkinson’s disease.
He attended the University of Washington at Seattle, earning the President’s Medal of Excellence as the University’s top scholar.
After studying law he decided to go into politics, starting with six terms in the House of Representatives, before becoming the Transportation Secretary under Jimmy Carter.
He was born in Atlanta, Georgia, later moving to Portland, Oregon for school.
While in the Senate, he worked to maintain the power on war-waging with Congress, voting to make George Bush seek Congressional approval before invading Iraq.
Information related to Brock Adams
- Lobbying in the United States – Lobbying in the United States describes paid activity in which special interests hire well-connected professional advocates, often lawyers, to argue for specific legislation in decision-making bodies such as the United States Congress.
- United States Secretaries of Transportation
- Carter administration cabinet members
- United States Attorneys for the Western District of Washington
- Members of the United States House of Representatives from Washington (state)
- Politicians from Atlanta
- Lawyers from Portland, Oregon
- Politicians from Portland, Oregon
- American lobbyists
- Washington (state) Democrats
If you are getting married, reserve the day at the Lightner Museum, the best of st Augustine wedding venues .